A Message from the Head:
Dear Parent/Carers As the Headteacher, I am delighted to welcome you to The Venerable Bede CE Academy as it enters an exciting phase. The Academy is a Comprehensive School for boys and girls aged 11-16; our ethos statement shares our vision that all students have the right to an inclusive environment where they can enjoy their learning and develop lifelong skills.
We offer students the chance to be part of our community and to develop into caring and mature individuals with a thirst for knowledge and a willingness to contribute to the communities in which they live. We have strong links with national and international communities and enjoy raising funds for many charities, encouraging in our students a desire to make a difference to the world.
Bede is "Good"
Ofsted have judged the school to be “Good” in all categories in 2012.
Here are only some of the headline comments:
- “Achievement is good...”
- “Teaching is predominantly good and some is outstanding...”
- “Significantly above average results...”
- “Behaviour is good...”
- “Strong climate for learning...”
- “Students are enthused and want to learn...”
- “Teaching is motivational...”
- “Relationships positive in lessons and around school...”
- “Breaks and lunchtimes are calm and well-ordered...”