The appeal will be running from 25th November to 9th December in school with a table available near the front entrance for donations to be collected.
Please bring a suitable new toy in its original packaging and help to make Christmas more enjoyable for someone who is less fortunate.
Please either give the toy to your tutor or place it on the table at the front of the school.
From the Salvation Army Website:
Suggested Gift List for Children and Young People
We believe every child deserves a new gift at Christmas so we are unable to take used or second-hand items for the Christmas Present Appeal.
- 0-3 years: dolls, teddy bears, cot mobiles, baby clothes, bath toys, CDs of suitable music and nursery rhymes, puzzles
- 3-5: dolls and action figures, cars, lorries, DVDs and CDs (music and nursery rhymes), colouring sets, pencils, crayons, books, puzzles
- 5-9: educational games & toys, stationery (colouring sets, pencils, crayons, school sets), CDs & family-friendly DVDs, books, puzzles, word search, crosswords
- 9-12: games and toys, stationery, DVDs, books, t-shirts, hair accessories, gloves, scarves, hats
- 13-16: books, make-up and toiletries (please try to ensure non-allergic ingredients if possible), gloves, scarves, hats, t-shirts, hair accessories and gift vouchers
Over the years, millions of children and young people have benefited from gifts donated to The Salvation Army.
By giving a gift to our Christmas Present Appeal you can make a real difference in someone’s life at Christmas.