|BTEC Health and Social Care Exam Board:||Pearson Edexcel|
|Summer 2022 Exam Dates:|
|Wednesday 11 May||9:00am||Paper 1||2 hours|
- Learners are required to complete and achieve all three components of the Pearson BTEC Level 1/Level 2 Tech Award in Health and Social Care qualification.
- The three components focus on the assessment of knowledge, skills and practices. These are all essential to developing a basis for progression and, therefore, learners need to achieve all components in order to achieve the qualification.
- The components focus on:
– the development of core knowledge and understanding of human growth and
development, how people deal with major life events, health and social care services
– the development and application of skills such as: practical demonstration of care values,
together with the ability to reflect on own performance
– reflective practice through the development of skills and techniques that allow learners to
respond to feedback and identify areas for improvement using relevant presentation
techniques, for example a logbook.
2022 Exam Board Advance Information/Adaptations:
Component 1: Human Lifespan Development (Non-Exam Assessment)
- Learning Aim A: From 5 factors to 3 factors from assessment guidance one from physical, social/cultural, and economic.
- Learning Aim B: Unchanged
Component 2: Health and Social Care Services and Values (Non-Exam Assessment)
- Learning Aims are unchanged
Component 3: Health and Well-being (Examination)
- No adaptations – all content to be examined in Component 3 external examination, worth 40% of the GCSE.
Suggested Revision Websites: