|Design & Technology – Resistant Materials Exam Board:||AQA|
|Summer 2022 Exam Dates:|
|Wednesday 15 June||1:00pm||Paper 1||2 hours|
Changes to NEA
There are changes to parts of the NEA for GCSE Design and Technology. The ‘Realising design ideas’ and ‘Analysing and evaluating’ sections have been rewritten to reflect these changes.
Realising design ideas
• This section has been reduced from 20 to 10 marks’
• Pupils will no longer be assessed on the skill of ‘making’, but will be required to show their ‘intentions of prototypes’ and demonstrate their understanding of the processes involved in ‘making’.
• The assessment no longer requires pupils to make a final prototype. Instead, they can show their understanding of the processes involved in making, by writing about them. Documenting these processes is one way of gaining marks in the 2022 ‘Realising design ideas’ section. However, making skills are still very important for progression to future study, and for pupils’ understanding, so we will still encourage you to ‘make’ your design wherever possible.
Analysing and evaluation
• This section has been reduced from 20 to 15 marks.
• Analysis and evaluation throughout the design process can take place in relation to prototype ideas and models.
• There’s no expectation to test a final made prototype but pupils should find ways of testing prototype designs.
2022 Exam Board Advance Information:
|Design and Technology – RM Advance Information Summary|
|RM Y11 Revision Support|
Suggested Revision Websites: