Parents who are able to apply for Free School Meals can do so via the information below or by requesting an application form from the Sandhill Centre by calling 0191 561 1417 or 0191 561 3126.
Content, resources and links below are from the Together for Children Sunderland website:
If you are a parent in receipt of any of the benefits listed below then your child is likely to be eligible for free school meals. It’s quick and simple to apply online on our Family Portal.
Please apply if you get any of the qualifying benefits. Your child’s school can get extra funding if you do.
If you aren’t sure if you are eligible, please contact one of the team on 0191 561 1417.
You can also email us.
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If your child is eligible for and getting free school meals at any time before 31 March 2022, they’ll remain eligible until this date.
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child might also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- attending a school nursery
- in full-time education