When we set out on a journey, we make a plan. We might look at a map or set up the Satnav. We might look at the weather forecast and pack wellies or a sun hat. What we can find out beforehand is important, or we could find ourselves not ready for a situation. The key item on our pilgrimage today is a map.
Watch our video to see why a map is an important tool on our journey.
Bless me with life so that I can continue to obey you. Open my eyes to see wonderful things in your Word. I am but a pilgrim here on earth: how I need a map—and your commands are my chart and guide. I long for your instructions more than I can tell. The Living Bible
More Reading: Matthew 22:37-40
- Who or what brings light into your life?
- How can they help you on life’s journey?
- How and where can you bring light into the lives of others?
- Find out about someone whose faith gives a strong direction to their life.
- Discover how their faith helps them to make a difference in the world or their local community.
- What are you passionate about? What is really important to you?
- How can you raise awareness about this issue, in your school or local community?
- Take some time to reflect on who or what gives you direction in your life.
- Make a map or timeline of your life’s journey with these ideas and include where you would like to go in the future.
- Share with others about a cause you are passionate about.
- Create a map or guide that might help younger pupils, or siblings with an issue they are struggling with.
Creator God, who made the world and all that is in it, guide us on our journey with you with peace and love. Jesus came to show us the Way, the Truth and the Life. Help us to follow His path. Show us who to serve and how to help them. Amen.