Many people who go on a walking pilgrimage take a walking stick to help them stay stable. Watch the video explaining how a walking stick can also be a symbol of all the wise people who have gone before us, who inspire us and help us continue on our journey.
Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see. Through their faith, the people in days of old earned a good reputation. NLT
More Reading: Luke 6: 47-49
- Who from the past or present is like a walking stick in your life?
- Who keeps you stable?
- Who inspires you and supports you on your journey?
- Ask someone with a faith to share with you their experience of God.
- How does their faith help them on life’s journey?
- Use the letters of the word inspire to help you think about the character and qualities of someone who inspires you. For example i- for interesting, p- for patient.
- Choose two that you would like to develop. How might you do this?
- Draw around your feet and those belonging to someone with bigger feet to create some footprints.
- Write or draw in the bigger footprints the character virtues of someone who inspires you and in the smaller footprints character virtues you would like to work on.
- Share a skill or talent that you or your friends have that others can be inspired by and encouraged to learn.
- Celebrate someone who has inspired you on your journey. Call or write them a letter to thank them.
Loving Lord, you stayed close to the Father in prayer. Help us to stay close to your ways. Thank you for inspiring people today and in history. Place in our path people who are wise helpers. Show us how we can inspire and support others each day. Amen.