|History Exam Board:||Edexcel|
|Summer 2022 Exam Dates:|
|Thursday 19 May||9:00am||Paper 1
|1 hour 15 mins|
|Thursday 9 June||9:00am||Paper 3
(Modern Depth Study)
|1 hour 20 mins|
|Thursday 16 June||9:00am||Paper 2
(British Depth Study)
There are three exam papers designed to assess the knowledge and skills covered in the GCSE History course:
- Paper 1: Thematic study and historic environment [Medicine in Britain, c1250–present and The British sector of the Western Front,
1914–18: injuries, treatment and the trenches]
- Paper 2: Period study and British depth study [Early Elizabethan England, 1558–88]
- Paper 3: Modern depth study [The USA, 1954–75: conflict at home and abroad]
2022 Exam Board Advance Information/Adaptations:
- Optionality introduced for Paper 2 – ‘Early Elizabeth England, 1558-88 will be the only assessed unit i.e. ‘The American West, c1835–c1895’ will NOT be assessed
- The total assessment time is now 3 hours and 30 minutes (Previously 4 hours and 20 minutes)
- No advance information about content on exams
Suggested Revision Websites:
BBC Teach – Youtube clips on Medicine through time.
Operation Ouch in the trenches – 30 min episode on Vimeo.
Youtube – the History Teacher (Elizabeth topic).